Bruno Tonioli to return to Strictly Come Dancing six months after quitting the show | The Sun

Bruno Tonioli to return to Strictly Come Dancing six months after quitting the show | The Sun

STRICTLY Come Dancing star Bruno Tonioli is making a return to the show – after stepping down from the judging panel.

The 66-year-old, who was replaced by Anton Du Beke, is making a surprise appearance in the Christmas special, it has been revealed.


But instead of judging any of the performances, he's going to be singing, the Mail reports.

A source said: "Bruno loves to sing. He did an opera album called An Italian Romance back in 2016 and who knows, it might turn into a new career for him."

It would be the choreographer's second time singing on the show – she also performed You're Just To Good To Be True in 2019.

Bruno revealed earlier this year that he was stepping down from Strictly to focus on its blockbuster US version.

More on Strictly Come Dancing

Huge Strictly shakeup as bosses make major change to quarter final

Strictly fans demand shake-up after star gets ‘free pass’ to quarter final

After 18 years on the BBC programme he decided to focus on Dancing With The Stars.

It came after the coronavirus pandemic prevented Bruno from appearing on Strictly for the previous two series because he couldn't jet over from LA.

He told the Mail: "There is no animosity, it was a mutual decision with both of us saying: ‘Listen, this is not going to work like it used to.'

"I just couldn’t do the flying any more. I don’t know how I survived that schedule. To be honest, it’s a miracle.”

Most read in TV

CULTURE SCRUBBED

IAC fans shocked as Boy George is the fourth person to leave the jungle

WON'T BO AWAY

Leigh Francis reignites 20-year feud with star over Bo Selecta

crashing out

Strictly Come Dancing's Kym Marsh forced to pull out of show over illness

crowning ep

I’m A Celeb reveal huge change for Sunday's final

Italian Bruno, who has lived in London since the mid 1970s, was part of the original Strictly line-up.

He judged the celebrities in the first ever series in 2004 alongside Craig Revel Horwood, Arlene Phillips and Len Goodman.

His departure from the show left caustic Craig as the last surviving original star alongside Tess Daly, who hosted alongside Bruce Forsyth.


Source: Read Full Article