BBC’s Huw Edwards ‘rehearsed in front of mirror for months’ for Queen’s death

BBC’s Huw Edwards ‘rehearsed in front of mirror for months’ for Queen’s death

BBC newsreader Huw Edwards allegedly “rehearsed in front of the mirror for months” in preparation for Queen Elizabeth II’s death.

On Thursday (September 8), Buckingham Palace announced the devastating news about the monarch’s passing at the age of 96 in Balmoral Castle.

It read: “The Queen died peacefully at Balmoral this afternoon. The King and The Queen Consort will remain at Balmoral this evening and will return to London tomorrow.”

READ MORE: Charles to be proclaimed King live on TV for first time in history

After the news broke, the 61-year-old broadcaster was on standby in the BBC studios to deliver the devastating news to the nation.

Since then, the Welsh newsreader has been flooded with praise from the millions of viewers who tuned in for the heartbreaking news up and down the country.

Now, Alastair Campbell has revealed the dad-of-five had been preparing to deliver the morbid news months prior to her death in a lengthy post on Twitter.

The journalist quote tweeted a post which shared his emotional broadcast on BBC One as he shared his thoughts on his colleague's deliverance online.

  • Leave your tributes and light a candle for the Queen in our book of condolence

He wrote: “@thehuwedwards told me a few months ago he had been preparing, practising and even rehearsing in front of his bathroom mirror for this moment for some time.

“He said too that the Queen’s death would be the biggest challenge to @BBCNews in its history. He did superbly.

“I am out of the country and have not seen much of the BBC coverage but Fiona Millar tells me he has been ‘absolutely brilliant’ which should surprise nobody.”

For more of the latest showbiz and TV news from the Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.

It comes after the flagship channel announced a major TV schedule shake-up over the next 24 hours to mark the death of the Queen.

The UK has now entered a period of national mourning which will last for a further week after her state funeral expected to take place in the next 10 days.

As a result, many of the nation’s TV channels have cancelled their planned schedules with BBC now prioritising rolling coverage and dedicated documentaries following Her Majesty’s 70-year reign.

READ NEXT:

  • King Charles to address the nation at 6pm in first speech as new monarch
  • Brits baffled by 'what age we're in now' as 'Elizabethan age comes to an end'
  • Queen's final horse racing runner narrowly beaten at Epson hours before death confirmed

Source: Read Full Article