James Martin has shared a heartfelt update to fans after he announced he was taking a break to recover from his cancer treatment.
The TV chef told fans at the weekend he is taking a short break from TV after opening up about his cancer diagnosis. James was secretly diagnosed with facial cancer in 2018 before it returned on "several occasions".
However, James, whose career spans over 20 years, said he would be "back fighting.” And since the news of his break from TV, plenty of his loyal fans have showered him with support.
READ MORE: This Morning's Holly Willoughby 'supporting James Martin' after chef's bullying row
READ MORE: Join the Daily Star Soaps WhatsApp for all the latest gossip from The Square to The Cobbles and everything in between!
Reports have also claimed that Farmer Jimmy Doherty has been lined up to replace James and take over his Saturday morning slot. Jimmy, 48, usually presents programmes on rival channels BBC and Channel 4 is said to be launching a new cooking show, Jimmy's Taste of Florida.
Now James, who has been on the road with his tour James Martin Live, has thanked his followers for all of their well wishes. Taking to his X, formerly known as Twitter, account on Sunday (November 12) James told fans iIt’s been a pleasure.” He penned: "I just wanted to take this chance to say thank you for all (and there have been thousands) of the amazing messages I’ve had over the last few weeks.
James added: "It’s been a pleasure to be on the road with an amazing bunch, appearing night after night for a fantastic group of people… All of you! There are so many to thank Sam, Thatch, Dan, the whole crew, Richard, Seb, Ben, Cuffe & Taylor and all at Live Nation!
"It’s been a pleasure, 4 tours nearly done! The Palladium again tonight…ha, ha what?! Next, watch this space…now team let’s give it the beans for tonight and the last night! Sunday night at the Palladium, what an honour…xx."
Have you joined Threads? Follow Daily Star to keep up to date on all things showbiz here
The celebrity chef, 51, told fans this summer that he had been diagnosed with facial cancer several years ago, sharing his health battle as he apologised to the crew for his behaviour on the set of James Martin's Saturday Morning in 2018. He since shared at the weekend that he will be taking some time out to get "sorted.”
Meanwhile, Jimmy Doherty has been said to become James’ replacement on Saturday morning TV. According to The Sun, a five-part series will launch in February 2024 and will see Jimmy explore the culinary side of Florida.
For more of the latest showbiz and TV news from the Daily Star, make sure you sign up for one of our newsletters here
Source: Read Full Article