Get all the latest gossip from the villa straight to your inbox with our Love Island newsletter
Katie Price's fiancé Carl Woods claims vile online abuse has forced him to go into hiding in one of the "roughest months of my life".
The former Love Island star has reacted to “abuse” he had received over the past weeks, following the alleged assault of Katie.
Carl started seeing the mum-of-five in July 2020.
Former glamour model Katie was taken to hospital back in August, after she was allegedly “punched” in the face.
Police were called, and attended a property in Little Canfield, Essex.
An unnamed man in his 30s was arrested on suspicion of assault, theft, and coercive and controlling behaviour, and was later bailed amid a police investigation.
Speaking to the camera in a video uploaded online today, Carl said: “I’ve not been on Instagram for a long, long time and let me tell you, this past month has been one of the roughest months of my life. Never, ever, ever have I felt so low.
“I’ve not been involved in this media world before and I have never seen how corrupt and how it can point fingers at people, and people can just jump on the bandwagon, they start abusing and saying the most vile things with no factual information whatsoever.
“I had to just go into hiding and shut down. If I wasn’t a stronger person in the head, it would absolutely have defeated me.”
Carl added: “I’m a good fella, and I always have been a good fella and I always will be a good fella. Anyone that thinks anything different of me, when you know the truth, when I’m allowed to tell the truth, you’ll be eating your words.”
He added: “I just hope that everyone that had the balls to abuse me has the balls to say, “do you know what, I’m sorry”. That is what I ask because I screenshotted every single one of you…
“Finally, just as I said in my statement a couple of weeks ago, I came under so much speculation, some vile abuse because of the way the media was played.”
“I have never and never ever would do a thing to hurt Katie. Never.”
A police statement previously confirmed: “A 32-year-old man arrested on suspicion of assault, theft and coercive and controlling behaviour has been released on bail until 20 September.”
Essex Police announced on Monday that the man has been re-bailed until later this week.
The investigation continues.
- Katie Price
- Love Island
Source: Read Full Article