The secret to the perfect cheese platter: Mum-of-two’s genius styling tricks will take your board to the next level – as she shares her genius ‘salami rose’ method
- A mum-of-two has revealed how you can easily elevate your charcuterie board
- Chantel Mila revealed how to make salami roses, strawberry hearts and more
- Chantel said you should opt for a variety of seasonal cheeses and fruits
- Chantel has built up a huge following on TikTok for sharing household hacks
A mum-of-two from Melbourne has revealed how you can elevate your charcuterie board and take it to the next level, by making salami roses, strawberry hearts and adding a variety of different cheeses.
Chantel Mila revealed how to make the perfect platter by using a knife, chopping board, wine glass and small dishes for your cheeses and olives.
‘Create the perfect picnic with these simple hacks,’ Chantel posted on TikTok.
Scroll down for video
A mum-of-two from Melbourne has revealed how you can elevate your charcuterie board and take it to the next level (Chantel Mila pictured)
The first thing Chantel said you need to do is create salami roses with the help of a wine glass.
‘You can create a simple salami rose by layering them onto a wine glass,’ Chantel said.
Once you have finished layering a few slices of salami into the wine glass, simply flip the wine glass on its head and the salami slices should come out in a perfect a rose shape.
The first thing Chantel said you need to do is create salami roses with the help of a wine glass, before adding a variety of cheeses (pictured)
‘Create strawberry hearts by coring them in a triangle and then slice,’ Chantel said, before filling any gaps with crackers, seasonal fruits, grapes and nuts (pictured)
Next, Chantel said you can add a variety of cheeses including soft cheeses like Brie and Camembert, bocconcini and hard cheeses like cheddar and Gouda.
‘Create strawberry hearts by coring them in a triangle and then slice,’ Chantel said.
You can then fill any gaps with crackers, seasonal fruits, grapes and nuts.
Top platter tips include keeping dry ingredients separate from wet ingredients to avoid sogginess; as well as taking things out of the packaging for aesthetic appeal
What are some tips for the perfect platter?
* Keep dry ingredients separate from wet ingredients to avoid sogginess.
* Take things out of the packaging for aesthetic appeal.
Experts recommend that you focus your platter around cheese, the most important ingredient – and build from there
* Pick a colour scheme and stick to it.
* Focus your platter around cheese, the most important ingredient – and build from there.
* Remember garnishes.
* Shop around. Supermarkets, local delis, farmers’ markets and corner shops can all be good.
* Think about flavours that work well with cheese to accessorise your platter – dried fruit, cured meats, figs, dips, relishes, grapes and honey are all good options.
* Edible flowers can look pretty and add a decorative edge.
Thousands who saw Chantel’s incredible charcuterie board were impressed with it and said they would love to try her tricks for themselves.
‘That is stunning and the salami flower is so cool!’ one woman wrote.
‘This is such a simple idea and so easy to replicate,’ another woman added.
Chantel Mila has built up a huge following on TikTok for sharing handy household tips and tricks.
In the past, she has covered everything from making the perfect cup of chocolate to how to keep your white clothes looking white.
For more information about Chantel Mila, please visit her TikTok page here.
Source: Read Full Article