When it comes to dinner time, Brits absolutely love a takeaway or two.
And with the coronavirus pandemic it has meant more of people have relied on a delivery to remain fed.
Now the Britain's best takeaways have been revealed – thanks to the British Takeaway Awards (BTAs).
Held in association with Just Eat, the awards ran for a sixth year with local takeaways being recognised across the UK.
Not only is it all about the delicious food, but how these places have worked to reduce their environmental impact.
The star-studded ceremony was held in London and hosted by TV presenter Paddy McGuinness.
Celebrity guests including Daisy Lowe, Pixie Lott, Oliver Cheshire, Lucy Mecklenburgh, Chris Kamara and John Barnes all attended.
Judges including restaurateur and TV chef Nisha Katona and Asma Khan from Netflix's Chef’s Table also joined the celebrations.
And it was Yorkshire based Sakushi Japanese which was named Best Takeaway in Britain.
The local takeaway impressed judges with its vegan and vegetarian menu and community initiatives.
Two new titles, the Good Deed Hero Award and New to Delivery Award, were also handed out this year.
British Raj Express won the Good Deed Hero award and Chickenish scooped the New to Delivery title.
Cleaning fans explain how to remove grease and grime from oven racks for just 8p
Get all the biggest Lifestyle news straight to your inbox. Sign up for the free Daily Star Hot Topics newsletter
Andrew Kenny, Managing Director of Just Eat, said: "Takeaway food is a massive part of our British culture and this year more than ever we wanted to recognise the local takeaways that kept the nation fed, while also making an immeasurable contribution to their local communities and the UK economy.
"From delivering a taste of normality when communities needed it most to providing healthier options we want to congratulate all of the deserving winners for continuing to bring the nation the food they love."
British Takeaway Award winners are selected by a judging panel following a rigorous process comprising a public vote, written submission and mystery shopping.
Category winners each receive a £1,000 cash prize, £200 per site to spend at the Just Eat shop and an exclusive British Takeaway Awards trophy.
Meanwhile the overall Best Takeaway in Britain winner will receive a further £5,000 and a media support package courtesy of Just Eat.
Winners of the Judges Awards will also be the recipients of £200 per site to spend at Just Eat shop and an exclusive British Takeaway Awards trophy as well as a £3,000 cash prize for the Good Deed Hero, New to Delivery and Best Takeaway Chef in Britain awards, while the Best Small Chain Restaurant recipients will win £5,000 in cash.
- Best Takeaway in Central London – Eastern Cuisine
- Best Takeaway in Greater London – Wicked Wings
- Best Takeaway in South East – Burgers, Wings & Ribs
- Best Takeaway in South West – V. Dorset Delivery
- Best Takeaway in East Midlands – Chris's Fish N Chips
- Best Takeaway in West Midlands – Lime Pickle
- Best Takeaway in North East – Casa Rosa
- Best Takeaway in North West – Bun & Bones Club
- Best Takeaway in Yorkshire – Sakushi Japanese
- Best Takeaway in Scotland – Burger Island
- Best Takeaway in Wales – Mint Room
- Best Takeaway in Northern Ireland – Manny's Fish and Chips
- Best Takeaway Chef in Britain – Chef Ka, Streatham Kitchen
- New to Delivery Award – Chickenish
- Good Deed Hero Award – British Raj Express
- Best Small Chain Restaurant – Nuudle Bar
- Best Takeaway in Britain – Sakushi Japanese
Source: Read Full Article