Aaron, Nick Carters mom arrested for battery after TV volume dispute: report

Aaron, Nick Carters mom arrested for battery after TV volume dispute: report

More On:

celebrity arrests

Bam Margera says he will stop drinking, claims brother lied about meth addiction

Bam Margera turns himself in after police issue arrest warrant

Bam Margera facing arrest after assaulting his brother, Jess

Jonathan Majors won’t attend Met Gala with Valentino after arrest

Jane Schneck, the mom of singer Nick Carter and late singer Aaron Carter, was arrested following an altercation with her husband over the volume of their television.

In jail records obtained Wednesday by Page Six, Schneck was charged with one count of battery Friday night.

She posted a $100 bond, and was released from custody at Hernando County Detention Center Saturday morning.

TMZ was the first to report the news.

Schneck found herself embroiled in a verbal argument after an evening of drinking, with the disagreement soon turning physical, according to the outlet.

Law enforcement sources told the outlet that the TV’s volume bothered her husband who had trouble falling asleep.

They then had a confrontation over the TV remote, prompting a heated exchange that saw Schneck allegedly grab her husband’s wrist, the outlet adds.

Schneck’s husband then called the police after she touched him.

Soon after cops arrived at her Florida home, they obtained video footage of the exchange recorded on her husband’s phone and arrested her for battery.

Meanwhile, Schneck’s son Nick is facing legal woes of his own.

The Backstreet Boys member was slapped with a sexual assault and battery lawsuit filed by former Dream singer Melissa Schuman.

Nick was accused of performing oral sex on Schuman in 2003 against her will, and forcing her to reciprocate.

Nick, now 43, then allegedly proceeded to take her virginity, she claimed, even though she told him she was saving herself for marriage, court documents obtained by Page Six show.

Schuman, now 38, initially accused the pop star of raping her at his Santa Monica, Calif., apartment in November 2017, saying “the Harvey Weinstein allegations” were “a big trigger” for her.

The following February, she filed a report with the Santa Monica Police Department, hoping Nick would face criminal charges.

But the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office declined to prosecute because the statute of limitations had expired.

For more Page Six you love …

  • Listen to our weekly “We Hear” podcast
  • Subscribe to our daily newsletter
  • Shop our exclusive merch

However, a California law that went into effect earlier this year revived sexual assault claims and extended the statute of limitations for reporting them.

Nick has vehemently denied the allegations, and in February filed a countersuit against her and Shannon Ruth, who — in December 2022 — sued him for allegedly raping her on a tour bus in 2001 when she was 17.

In his countersuit for defamation and extortion, the boy band crooner claimed the two women were involved in a “conspiracy” against him.

Share this article:

Source: Read Full Article