A Place in the Sun star Laura Hamilton’s son rushed to hospital as she shares update

A Place in the Sun star Laura Hamilton’s son rushed to hospital as she shares update

A Place in the Sun presenter Laura Hamilton has shared some bad news with fans as she revealed that her nine year old son Rocco had been rushed to the hospital after suffering from a fractured wrist.

Laura, 40, shared a photograph of an X-ray on her Instagram story, to which she added the text: "This morning's antics… Poor Rocco has a buckle fracture to his wrist!

"No contact sport for six weeks… The worst news for a sports obsessed little boy."

A few hours before the hospital dash, Laura shared that her children, Rocco, and seven year old daughter Tahlia, had been keeping active and busy as she shared a snap of football training, adding that they'd been at swim gala before that.

Early last year Laura announced that she had split from her husband of 13 years Alex Goward, with whom she shares both her children.

Announcing the sad news on her Instagram page, the TV presenter shared a photo of a quote which read: "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

She then penned as the caption: "This isn’t something I ever thought I’d be saying but, after 13 years of being together Alex and I have separated.

"Our children are and always will be our number one priority and we would respect privacy for our family at this time. Laura."

Following the split, Laura moved house and began a renovation on her new property, sharing updates with her 178k Instagram followers.

Alongside a photo of herself standing outside the property, Laura wrote: “The scaffolding is up and the renovation begins…

“It’s no secret I love renovating properties. I love turning something run down in to something special…

“Yesterday my planning application was validated, and whilst I now have a couple of months before I can (hopefully) start the major work, in the meantime I’m making a start on repairing the roof and repointing the brickwork!”

At one point during the renovation project, Laura was forced to call the fire brigade after part of the home caught ablaze.

At the time she took to her Instagram stories to share the news as she posted a clip of the charred floor with a fireman pointing an extinguisher at it.

Over this, she wrote: “Errr… Just a little mishap with the rebuild this morning with the fire brigade coming to the rescue…”

She offered no other explanation for what exactly happened at the property.


  • Click here for today's top showbiz news

  • Strictly's Tyler West and Molly Rainford finally confirm romance in sweet clip

  • Helen Flanagan gives Minnie Mouse vibes in spectacular outfit at charity event

  • Soap brand Dove slams fat suit in Oscar-winning film The Whale

  • For the latest showbiz exclusives, sign up to our daily OK! Newsletter

Source: Read Full Article